Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm totally confused by Apple Pay on new iPhone

I have never wanted to have any banking or payment app on my iPhone. Up til a few days ago, the only thing I paid for through Apple was purchases at the App Store.

I just got a new iPhone 13, replacing my 12 mini. When setting it up, I thought I was just setting it up the same as before. That is, just for charging apps at the app store to my credit card. But then I got a message from my bank asking if I had intended to authorize Apple Pay purchases at merchants in general (online and in person) when using my iPhone.

I do not want to use Apple Pay. But I'm afraid if I tell my bank I didn't authorize Apple Pay, it will also prevent me from using my credit card for the app store.

I would greatly appreciate some clarification of how this works.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 7:59 PM

Hello!

Payment for App Store purchases such as games or apps are typically handled by the card attached to your appleid.

ApplePay can be used in person at stores just like you would "tap to pay" with a regular credit card. ApplePay can also be used on some websites/ apps that have it enabled. (Apple Pay online is kind of like autofill)

Banks tend to send some sort of notice that your card was added to Apple Pay whenever a new card is added.

To remove your card follow these steps:

1. Open the Wallet App
  2. Tap on the card you with to remove
  3. Tap the circle with the 3 dots
  4. Tap remove card

This will remove the card from your device

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 7:59 PM in response to Randysea

Hello!

Payment for App Store purchases such as games or apps are typically handled by the card attached to your appleid.

ApplePay can be used in person at stores just like you would "tap to pay" with a regular credit card. ApplePay can also be used on some websites/ apps that have it enabled. (Apple Pay online is kind of like autofill)

Banks tend to send some sort of notice that your card was added to Apple Pay whenever a new card is added.

To remove your card follow these steps:

1. Open the Wallet App
  2. Tap on the card you with to remove
  3. Tap the circle with the 3 dots
  4. Tap remove card

This will remove the card from your device

Hope this helps!

I'm totally confused by Apple Pay on new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.