Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete key and arrows not working

Hi, in excel on my mac, the delete key and arrows don't seem to work. I go to edit a cell, the curser is at the end of the text, when I click in the middle to edit a minus sign to a times symbol for example, and either delete or use the arrow keys, it just takes the curser to the start of the text in the cell. It won't let me delete or move the curser.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 1:51 AM

VP1987 Said:

"delete key and arrows not working: Hi, in excel on my mac, the delete key and arrows don't seem to work. I go to edit a cell, the curser is at the end of the text, when I click in the middle to edit a minus sign to a times symbol for example, and either delete or use the arrow keys, it just takes the curser to the start of the text in the cell. It won't let me delete or move the curser."

-------

Getting Keys to Work:

Use an External Keyboard:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac. As for connecting it, you may need this adapter, if the keyboard has not USB-C plug in it USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 1:51 AM in response to VP1987

VP1987 Said:

"delete key and arrows not working: Hi, in excel on my mac, the delete key and arrows don't seem to work. I go to edit a cell, the curser is at the end of the text, when I click in the middle to edit a minus sign to a times symbol for example, and either delete or use the arrow keys, it just takes the curser to the start of the text in the cell. It won't let me delete or move the curser."

-------

Getting Keys to Work:

Use an External Keyboard:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac. As for connecting it, you may need this adapter, if the keyboard has not USB-C plug in it USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

delete key and arrows not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.