Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto unlock with apple watch option not present on MacBook Pro

All of a sudden the option to Auto Unlock with Apple Watch disappear on the "Security and Privacy Tab - General Tab" on my MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2018) Monterey Ver 12.4. I have an Apple Watch 7. The watch is shown as connected to the MacBook on Apple ID and it still unlocks my iPhone 12 and older MacBook Air (2013).

When I restart the MacBook Pro, the sign-in screen still shows "Unlock with Apple Watch" but the option has still disappeared as described above. Any solutions?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:43 AM

edwardk44 wrote:

All of a sudden the option to Auto Unlock with Apple Watch disappear on the "Security and Privacy Tab - General Tab" on my MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2018) Monterey Ver 12.4. I have an Apple Watch 7. The watch is shown as connected to the MacBook on Apple ID and it still unlocks my iPhone 12 and older MacBook Air (2013).

When I restart the MacBook Pro, the sign-in screen still shows "Unlock with Apple Watch" but the option has still disappeared as described above. Any solutions?

You can try a safeboot—

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

You can try signing out of AppleID and back in again

>System Preferences>OverView>Sign out and back in

if no resolve—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 7:43 AM in response to edwardk44

edwardk44 wrote:

You can try a safeboot—

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

You can try signing out of AppleID and back in again

>System Preferences>OverView>Sign out and back in

if no resolve—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Auto unlock with apple watch option not present on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.