Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad got stuck.

I’ve been using iPad mini 6th gen for about 2 months and nothing happened until now. Today volume and power buttons didn’t work and I started looking for solutions. I tried to restart it via AssistiveTouch. Apple logo appeared but then disappeared. I held the power button down (I don’t know if it actually worked because as I wrote down, it wasn’t working before I tried to restart it.) and then it appeared and disappeared again. I did the same thing over and over again. Suddenly recovery mode became active. I plugged the iPad to my laptop (Windows laptop) and opened iTunes. Downloaded the necessary update file which was about 5,4gb. When it was downloaded I continued and progress screen with a white line and Apple logo appeared. After the progress was over, recovery mode was active again and nothing happened. I tried the same thing again and in the middle of the progress, my laptop gave an error (I’m not really sure what it was about but it was something like “your device is not connected”). I unplugged the iPad from the laptop and iPad screen got stuck in the middle of the progress. I also tried pressing volume buttons quickly and then holding down the power button but nothing happened. What should I do?

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 12:49 PM

Try force restarting iPad. The timing is a little tricky, so try it several times. If force restart really doesn't work, then you have a hardware problem.

Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button, then press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button. Press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

You stated that you "tried pressing volume buttons quickly and then holding down the power button but nothing happened", which sounds like the method for a force restart. Make sure you do it very quickly and hold the power button on the top for at least twenty seconds or so before trying again. It may take a few tries.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 12:49 PM in response to brodir

Try force restarting iPad. The timing is a little tricky, so try it several times. If force restart really doesn't work, then you have a hardware problem.

Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button, then press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button. Press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

You stated that you "tried pressing volume buttons quickly and then holding down the power button but nothing happened", which sounds like the method for a force restart. Make sure you do it very quickly and hold the power button on the top for at least twenty seconds or so before trying again. It may take a few tries.

iPad got stuck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.