Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes stuck on “waiting for ipad...”

my grandma gave me her ipad mini2 because she got a laptop. it hasn’t been used in about a month according to her, and it won’t turn on no matter how long/where i plug it in. my laptop detects whenever i plug it in, force restart it, etc. but the screen stays black.

i downloaded the ipad software on my itunes, it tried to take a few hours last night but it failed so i tried again today and it took 10 mins tops. now, the blue bar on itunes is complete and it’s been “waiting for ipad” for like 20 minutes. should something be popping up on the ipad to continue the process? is there any reason to be trying to restore it if it won’t turn on?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 10:03 AM

As described, your iPad Battery may have failed and need battery service. If you contact Apple Support, they may be able to run a remote diagnostic test - and if there is a problem, provide advice as to your available remedies. If the iPad will not power-up at all, remote test may not be possible.

The Contact Support link is at top-right of this page.

Apple do not offer a battery replacement service, but may offer an a chargeable exchange. Given the age of your iPad and the postential cost, this may not be economically viable option. An alternative might be to seek a battery replacement by an Apple Authorised Repair Agent.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 10:03 AM in response to s34303

As described, your iPad Battery may have failed and need battery service. If you contact Apple Support, they may be able to run a remote diagnostic test - and if there is a problem, provide advice as to your available remedies. If the iPad will not power-up at all, remote test may not be possible.

The Contact Support link is at top-right of this page.

Apple do not offer a battery replacement service, but may offer an a chargeable exchange. Given the age of your iPad and the postential cost, this may not be economically viable option. An alternative might be to seek a battery replacement by an Apple Authorised Repair Agent.

itunes stuck on “waiting for ipad...”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.