Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Mail

How to fix the mail app not showing up in iCloud Mail in the iCloud Control panel? I'm using Windows 11 and Office 2021.

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 5:41 AM

Once again, they (Apple) removed the Feature of Mail, Contact, Calendar Sync with Icloud Control Panel. It only goes with Contacts, Calendar via Check/Uncheck.

If you want to have your mails synced with Outlook, you need to follow steps posted from David.

Its also given in : Support Article from Apple :

1. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. To set up Contacts and Calendar, select “Contacts and Calendars,” click
  3. Apply, then follow the onscreen instructions to set up Outlook.
  4. To set up Mail, sign in to Outlook using your Apple ID email address and an app-specific password. See the Apple Support article Using app-specific passwords.

Greetings.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 5:41 AM in response to dwil1031

Once again, they (Apple) removed the Feature of Mail, Contact, Calendar Sync with Icloud Control Panel. It only goes with Contacts, Calendar via Check/Uncheck.

If you want to have your mails synced with Outlook, you need to follow steps posted from David.

Its also given in : Support Article from Apple :

1. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. To set up Contacts and Calendar, select “Contacts and Calendars,” click
  3. Apply, then follow the onscreen instructions to set up Outlook.
  4. To set up Mail, sign in to Outlook using your Apple ID email address and an app-specific password. See the Apple Support article Using app-specific passwords.

Greetings.

Jul 17, 2022 7:52 AM in response to dwil1031

I don't have a Windows PC but the screenshot of your iCloud for Windows panel looks the same as the example in Apple's support page Set up iCloud for Windows on your PC. It seems not to have or require a control for mail in the panel.

Further, Apple has a support document Set up iCloud Mail, Contacts and Calendar in Outlook on your Windows computer where the instruction for iCloud mail says: To set up Mail, sign in to Outlook using your Apple ID email address and an app-specific password. See the Apple Support article Using app-specific passwords.

Jul 17, 2022 9:24 AM in response to David McKinlay

Thank you for responding so quickly. Although the documentation that you reference is useful, it did not resolve the problem. The iCloud mail app work until about one and a half months ago when it just stopped working. There was an update to the iCloud app. Other than the usual Windows updates and the iCloud app update, I made no modifications to my system software or my firewall.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office as well as the iCloud app in an effort to resolve the problem. All of my efforts have ended in failure. It seems multiple people have had the same problem or a similar problem. I've been hoping that Apple would come out with an update for the iCloud for Windows app.

iCloud Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.