Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone send threatening messages from my iPhone

So my phone as been hacked for almost a year now, it's been getting out of hand now where I don't know what to do anymore. It's been sending threatening messages to people so it's unsafe for them and myself now. Is there any way to deal with this, I already changed my number and they came back again.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 9:57 AM

Hello,

Have you given your Apple ID to anyone. If you have follow the steps linked below.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Both of these articles will help you secure your Apple ID.

Hope this helps!

5 replies

Jul 17, 2022 7:35 PM in response to tmm_2056

tmm_2056 Said:

"Someone send threatening messages from my iPhone: So my phone as been hacked for almost a year now, it's been getting out of hand now where I don't know what to do anymore. It's been sending threatening messages to people so it's unsafe for them and myself now. Is there any way to deal with this, I already changed my number and they came back again."

-------

Troubleshooting Harassment Messages:

Three Thoughts:

A. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report these:

Have a Screenshot of this? If relevant to a company, send that company a message via reporting it, As an example, for Apple, youd forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail containing an attachment of a phishing scam. Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

Jul 17, 2022 7:26 PM in response to tmm_2056

Remove Norton.

Ask your friend to send you a screen shot of the SMS.

Change your access PIN or password at your cellular carrier, and secure all of your passwords, and enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID.

Use new and unique and robust values for your newly-selected passwords.

As this is an SMS message, also check directly with your carrier.

I’ll assume these messages do not show up in your own iPhone SMS message history, and that no one else has access to your iPhone or other any other trusted devices of yours, nor does anyone else have your iPhone passcode nor a Touch ID or Face ID access.

Spoofing source addresses (numbers) for text messages is feasible (spammers use this), and would be an obvious potential cause here. (None of what you have done can or will effect spoofed SMS messages too, if that is what is happening.)

It’s distinctly possible somebody you are communicating with either is involved here, or has provided your new telephone number to whoever is sending the messages.

Here is a starting point for verifying your devices and your sharing:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

Given the messages are threatening, get local police involved.

Someone send threatening messages from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.