Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will launch … after 5… to 45mins

With in iTunes, for windows, first of all, I have updated my entire computer windows, Microsoft store all the related products that are there. I have gone through the process of resetting and repairing the installation, but it takes between five and 45 minutes for iTunes to start the icon itself shows that it has begun with a partial momentary indicator that it’s loading and then it’s an extended wait for the app to start. I tried starting with both run as administrator.

control and shift run

and regular icon - to run

no other program within my PC takes more than 10 seconds to lunch using an SSD drive which is normal this app I’ve seen it take anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes sometimes coming back later to my PC and seeing it on the screen and I totally forgetting that I had asked her to start at all

after giving up !

I’ve noted that there are many other people that are having start up issues or windows, 10, will not start iTunes with numerous fixes, all of which do not address the issue at all, or appear not to address my issue at all.

Also note, please that after iTunes is running, it seems to work perfectly with no issues, but the delay in starting up an inconsistency on how I have to start it up is super frustrating.

The only consistent way I can find to get any result- is to restart my computer every time I need to run iTunes.

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 10:52 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 18, 2022 10:52 AM in response to mmt_Marc

Hi mmt_Marc,

Since noticing the issue have you tried removing and reinstalling iTunes and all it's components? If not, check out the steps here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Be sure to follow the specific order for removal found in the article and quoted below.

"Uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

On some systems, you might see two versions of Apple Application Support or iTunes. This is expected. If you see two versions, be sure to uninstall both."

If the issue continues after reinstalling, reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service

Best.

Itunes will launch … after 5… to 45mins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.