Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dimming randomly - no, it's not Auto Dim, which is turned off

Why does this happen? Phone screen becomes dim randomly and auto dim is turned off. Slider switch is tuned up. I see users have been asking this question for a long time and it's disappointing this continues to be an issue. But I suspect nobody will read this anyway and this question will fall in an empty forest. Making no sound. As I struggle to see anything on my screen.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 11:09 AM

It might be a overheating self protection but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 11:09 AM in response to Peter0fromedmonton

It might be a overheating self protection but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Dimming randomly - no, it's not Auto Dim, which is turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.