Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone was stolen in France and the thief changed the phone number used for verification .I can't use my apple id because I can't get the verification code. Has anyone had this problem as I'm about to buy a new phone but can't access the cloud.

My friend had her phone stolen in France . The thief was able to change the phone number so that now my friend can't log in using her apple id because the verification phone number has been changed. Has anyone successfully resolved a problem like this? Thanks for the help.

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 12:52 PM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

Similar questions

2 replies

My iphone was stolen in France and the thief changed the phone number used for verification .I can't use my apple id because I can't get the verification code. Has anyone had this problem as I'm about to buy a new phone but can't access the cloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.