Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fully deleting app from iPad

I deleted an from my iPad App, but when I downloaded it again, everything was still there. I want to start over again fresh with completely new information (no history). When I ask, most places only tell me how to delete an app, not how to do a "deep delete". Any ideas???

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 1:17 AM

You’ll need to seek assistance from the App Developer:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

5 replies

Jul 18, 2022 12:37 AM in response to Raynaldo_wcth

Does the App save its data to iCloud? If so, having deleted the App from your iPad, you’ll need to manually delete the saved data from iCloud using the Files App.

If not saved in iCloud, perhaps the App automatically saves associated data using a service provided by the App Developer. If you have to sign-in to the App, this may account for data being seemingly retained by the App itself.

Jul 18, 2022 1:03 AM in response to LotusPilot

The app is Venmo, and there was nothing for it in the files folder on the ipad itself. When I delete it, then reinstall (after rebooting), it starts back up to where I left off. Really frustrating. The main issue is: the notifications are intermittent. I go in and reset them, and they’ll work fine for a moment then nothing. It’s not a cellular, or wireless issue, because other apps are working fine. I don’t get it…

Fully deleting app from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.