Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Apps

I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I am attempting to delete and reinstall an app. I’ve tried the long press, only allows me to delete from home screen. Tried the long press and drag to the top of the screen, it won’t do anything. How in the world do I permanently delete an app now?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 7:46 AM

leeann612 wrote:

It didn’t have the delete option at all. I did a more in depth search to figure it out and found the screen time thing that you mentioned. It worked. Don’t understand why something like the option for deleting an app should be so hidden.

Its not hidden. It’s a choice that one makes when they enable screen time and choose the option to not allow deleting of apps. It involves user input to set it up, so someone - you perhaps - had to be aware of it when the screen time restrictions were set up.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 7:46 AM in response to leeann612

leeann612 wrote:

It didn’t have the delete option at all. I did a more in depth search to figure it out and found the screen time thing that you mentioned. It worked. Don’t understand why something like the option for deleting an app should be so hidden.

Its not hidden. It’s a choice that one makes when they enable screen time and choose the option to not allow deleting of apps. It involves user input to set it up, so someone - you perhaps - had to be aware of it when the screen time restrictions were set up.

Jul 5, 2021 5:48 AM in response to leeann612

Well, on my phone, when I long press, it shows remove app, share app or edit home screen.

Choose remove app, then it shows delete app, remove from home screen or cancel.

Does yours have delete app?

If not, try having a look at your settings > screen time > content and privacy restrictions > itunes & app store purchases and see if delete app is blocked (don't allow)

Jul 5, 2021 8:00 AM in response to Demo

I didn’t set it up. But thank you so much for the helpful information. I wasn’t looking to be criticized, just stating that it should be a little more accessible to those of us that aren’t as “tech savvy” as you so obviously are. So, thank you! The person that replied above you actually had information that is helpful, which is what the “support” community should be.

Jul 5, 2021 8:13 AM in response to leeann612

I was not criticizing you so if I came off that way, I apologize. I was just trying to explain how it works. Being more accessible would defeat the purpose of using the feature. In addition to that, I was merely explaining that the setting had to be enabled by someone. It just doesn’t occur without user input. I have seen many users state that they had forgotten that they set up specific restrictions in screen time, so I was suggesting that maybe it was you that set it up.

Once again, if I offended you, or made you feel like I was being critical, I apologize.

leeann612 wrote:

….The person that replied above you actually had information that is helpful, which is what the “support” community should be.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Delete Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.