Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you permanently delete an app from iOS 14.

Not interested in the obvious delete, this is based on a problem. No one is addressing the problem when you CAN’T delete it because it doesn’t work like it’s supposed to. Adding and removing from the Home Screen is pretty useless since I can ignore it just the same.

Can Apple fix the delete problem so we can delete it permanently like you use to do? There are no options to delete like you are supposed to do. I need a fix when it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do. I know I am not the only one. Thanks

Posted on May 19, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 10:06 AM

Make sure Deleting Apps is actually allowed in Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store Purchases->Deleting Apps.

For some reason, this setting is getting set to "Don't Allow" in recent iOS updates.

Just make sure its set to Allow, and you should be able to delete Apps directly and not have them go to the App Library.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 10:06 AM in response to mfphudson

Make sure Deleting Apps is actually allowed in Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store Purchases->Deleting Apps.

For some reason, this setting is getting set to "Don't Allow" in recent iOS updates.

Just make sure its set to Allow, and you should be able to delete Apps directly and not have them go to the App Library.

How do you permanently delete an app from iOS 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.