Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic on iPhone on all the time while typing text

iPhone mic is on all the time for dictation even if I do not press button. I tried turning off dictation, which is fine for texting since there is a symbol in the text box that allows for dictation if I choose, but then in the safari browser there is no such mic symbol in box or on keypad anywhere to use dictation if I want to. I want to use dictation just not constantly while typing. This issue is new since last update.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 5:03 AM

Have you Set up Typing Feedback?

On your device, go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Typing Feedback. From here, you can turn on the following: Character feedback: Turn on Characters to have your device speak letters as you type.

Use Typing Feedback on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 5:03 AM in response to bbearnow

Have you Set up Typing Feedback?

On your device, go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Typing Feedback. From here, you can turn on the following: Character feedback: Turn on Characters to have your device speak letters as you type.

Use Typing Feedback on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Mic on iPhone on all the time while typing text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.