Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Esim & PAYG nano sim

Can anyone advise me please?

iphone 13 pro max unlocked

I have a Spanish Vodafone contract (nano sim) and a U.K. Vodafone PAYG (nano sim)

Currently the Spanish sim is in the Iphone 13 and I have an iPhone 5 with the PAYG sim.

Because you cannot have a PAYG Esim I want to put that sim in the IPhone 13 and program the Contract sim as an Esim so I can just carry one phone.

Has anyone done this and are there any issues.

The crucial number is the Spanish one as the PAYG is more to retain the number until I return to the U.K.

My Spanish account had a second nano sim and separate number (data only) for my IPAD which I presume would not need to be converted to an Esim though potentially I presume could be?

Thanks in anticipation.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 10:45 AM

Go to Settings/Cellular (or Settings/Mobile Data) and see if there is an option to convert the Spanish Vodaphone network connection to eSIM.

If you don’t see that option contact Vodaphone and ask if they can make the change. That will free up the nanoSIM slot.

3 replies

Jul 19, 2022 3:25 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I am unable to convert to an Esim as the option does not exist on my phone and network but I am able to go to a Vodafone shop and they will supply me with the bar code and puk to activate my Esim.

I can then discard the physical sim.

Sounds simple but expectation and reality from experience in Spain tells me there is a 50/50 chance I will end up with a phone that doesn’t work so for now I will give the option some thought.

Esim & PAYG nano sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.