Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to change which EQ plugin is loaded when double clicking on the EQ thumbnail?

Hi everyone, when you double click on the EQ thumbnail near the top of the channel strip, an instance of the Channel EQ plugin is automatically added to the next available Audio FX space. Is it possible to make it so a different EQ plugin (such as FabFilter Pro-Q 3 or Kirchhoff-EQ) is loaded instead of the default Channel EQ?

Similarly, you can double click the compression gain reduction metre just above the EQ thumbnail to load an instance of the Logic's default compressor. Would it also be possible to change this so a different 3rd party compressor plugin could be loaded with the double click instead?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 6:38 AM

Thank you for your reply. Yes I can still use other EQ plugins by manually inserting them, I was just wondering if you could change which one is loaded when double clicking on the thumbnail as I use that shortcut all the time. Doesn't seem like it's possible just yet.

And as for the compression gain reduction metre, this is what I was referring to (in LPX 10.4.1)

Doesn't seem like it's possible to change that too.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 6:38 AM in response to Radarhus

Thank you for your reply. Yes I can still use other EQ plugins by manually inserting them, I was just wondering if you could change which one is loaded when double clicking on the thumbnail as I use that shortcut all the time. Doesn't seem like it's possible just yet.

And as for the compression gain reduction metre, this is what I was referring to (in LPX 10.4.1)

Doesn't seem like it's possible to change that too.

Jul 19, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Fvfvxcvxcv

Hi there, which version of Logic do you use, could you specify, please? There's apparently no such thing as "compression gain reduction metre just above the EQ thumbnail" in the version I'm using, which is LPX 10.5.1.

As for EQ thumbnail below the channel strip setting slot, it's hard-wired to Channel EQ plugin, to my knowledge. But you could still use any EQ plugin of choice simply by inserting it into the 'Audio FX' slot, instead of the built-in Channel EQ, right?

Is it possible to change which EQ plugin is loaded when double clicking on the EQ thumbnail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.