Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home kit connection to apple tv+ app ? : Instructions are not consistent and don't work

I have the HomeKit app and want to control smart plugs while away from home. After years of using wemo plugs, the do not function in today's environment (they are 3-4 years old). I am purchasing newer produced plugs and have HomeKit on my Iphone and on my tv, the appletv+ app. (not the old box). They claim that it's easy to use the apple tv+ as a hub. Can it be done?????? and how to do it... thanks so much for any help ...

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:06 PM

There may be some confusion about the required devices.

You’ll need a home hub to use HomeKIt. The home hub can be a modern Apple TV box, a HomePod or HomePod mini, or an iPad.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

The Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app is not sufficient.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 5:06 PM in response to William Huisking1

There may be some confusion about the required devices.

You’ll need a home hub to use HomeKIt. The home hub can be a modern Apple TV box, a HomePod or HomePod mini, or an iPad.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

The Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app is not sufficient.

Home kit connection to apple tv+ app ? : Instructions are not consistent and don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.