Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sign out of another device when that device is not active but is using Wi-Fi to see my information

How can I sign out of another device that’s no longer in a service plan but uses Wi-Fi to view my account and information?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 7:20 AM

To see what information?

How is it signed in?

Are you saying its signed in to your Apple ID? If so, see here: link-> Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Otherwise, you will need to explain what you mean by "is not active but using WiFi to see your information" exactly.

5 replies

Jul 26, 2022 6:00 AM in response to Phil0124

Basically my fiancé is a control freak back when I had no phone he loaned me his old iPhone 6 I logged in with all my credentials Apple ID and so on. Then I got a new I phone and logged in with the same apple if and iCloud account. I started noticing weird little things happening as if some one else was controlling my phone. I would even here a phone in the basement vibrating every time my phone would go off. I said something to him but he denied it called me crazy. And so on. So then it hit me I never logged out of anything on the iPhone 6 he loaned me once I got my new phone I just handed him the phone back. Now although the iPhone 6 is not under any provider like spectrum, Verizon and so on bc it’s just a spare phone so no need to pay another cell bill for a phone when we both have our upgraded iPhones . However the iPhone 6 is connected to our in home internet using our Wi-Fi-network. So bc the phone is using that it’s able to turn on and see my i messages messenger my fb what I do on google even my pic and Calender and notes. But when I call my phone provider and ask if I’m logged into any other devices they say no . But that’s bc they can’t see that I’m still logged into the old iPhone 6 bc technically that phone is just a phone using Wi-Fi not an actual phone carrier. Does that make sense so I’m trying to figure out how can I logg out of that device using my new iphone. Bc basically it’s like my fiancé has a side phone that is mirroring everything I do as if he’s Literally looking at my phone as if I’m sharing my screen

Jul 20, 2022 7:20 AM in response to StephMar91

Check your device list to see if the device is signed in. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Jul 26, 2022 6:46 AM in response to StephMar91

That makes a bit more sense.

Check your device list in Settings->Account (top of settings) on your new iPhone.

The other Phone if still logged in to your Apple ID, it should appear there in the device list. Tap on it, and then tap on "Remove from Account".

Follow the onscreen prompts.

You can also verify in Settings->Messages->"Text Message Forwarding" if its there, and Settings->Phone->"Calls on other Devices" and turn it off.

Do note, once removed from your account, it will be automatically removed from the other 2 places.

More details here: link-> Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

How can I sign out of another device when that device is not active but is using Wi-Fi to see my information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.