You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OneDrive, MacBook Air and “Couldn’t communicate with a helper application”

Previously posted question: Q:

onedrive couldn't communicate with helper application

It seems to be more frequently I can't communicate with OneDrive from my Mac. It comes up with an error saying it can't communicate with the helper application. Has anyone found a permanent fix for this? It seems the advice is to restart the Mac but that is a pain, or reinstall Onedrive which didn't help. I see the same issue for GoogleDrive, Drop box, and others so I assume this is a Mac issue.

Any Answers the answer was to go to Microsoft for the answer.

When going to Microsoft, their answer was to go to the device owner. Passing the buck should not an option but appears to be more common as everyone’s programming continues to change - teamwork would be nice, so consumers don’t have to spend so much time trying to get what they need to do their job. Who has time to do this every 6 months or so? Thank you.

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 7:43 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jul 21, 2022 9:21 AM in response to need2no2

Hi need2no2,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your Mac isn't recognizing your OneDrive as you'd expect.

To help us isolate this behavior further, would you mind creating a new administrator account for testing purposes? We'd like to have you work with OneDrive in a new user account to help us to determine if you experience the same behavior. This article will show you how to create a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know it goes. We'll take it from there.

Cheers!

OneDrive, MacBook Air and “Couldn’t communicate with a helper application”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.