Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty

I bought an Apple iPhone from Curry’s and was told by the agent I didn’t have to register it with Apple to activate my warranty or guarantee . Any thoughts

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 7:32 AM

Any official Apple retailer is supposed to provide purchase information to Apple, including the serial number. On an iPhone you can find out the date in Settings > General > About. Mine says Coverage Expired. Other than that, you can check your serial number here to make sure that Apple has all the purchase information.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Other than that, if there's an issue, your purchase receipt should be used to prove warranty coverage. I've had one device that didn't seem to have the purchase information transmitted to Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 7:32 AM in response to Spencwithsc

Any official Apple retailer is supposed to provide purchase information to Apple, including the serial number. On an iPhone you can find out the date in Settings > General > About. Mine says Coverage Expired. Other than that, you can check your serial number here to make sure that Apple has all the purchase information.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Other than that, if there's an issue, your purchase receipt should be used to prove warranty coverage. I've had one device that didn't seem to have the purchase information transmitted to Apple.

Warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.