Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't filter library by artist, album or songs on iPhone

Device: iPhone XS Max with iOS 15.5

This is not a super recent development, I've been trying to find a solution on my own with no luck. I've noticed that the option to filter or search songs, artists or albums from the Library tab of the Music app has disappeared. I see only downloaded music and recently added.

Some articles I saw suggested going to Settings > Music and enabling 'Show Apple Music' but I don't have that option.

Other articles suggested going to Settings > Choose Music and turn on iCloud Music Library but I don't have that option either.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 1:15 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, lolomgkthnxbai,

If we understand your post correctly, you're not seeing all the options you expect when viewing your music library in the Music app on your iPhone. We’d like to help.

You can add these catagories by tapping Edit in the top right corner of the library screen. For details see the steps in this article:

View albums, playlists, and more in Music on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 1:15 PM in response to lolomgkthnxbai

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, lolomgkthnxbai,

If we understand your post correctly, you're not seeing all the options you expect when viewing your music library in the Music app on your iPhone. We’d like to help.

You can add these catagories by tapping Edit in the top right corner of the library screen. For details see the steps in this article:

View albums, playlists, and more in Music on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Can't filter library by artist, album or songs on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.