Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to Buy functionality

Hey,

I’ve had a family group setup for around a year for myself, my wife and my parents. Have never had Ask to Buy on as if any of them want to buy something with my Credit Card I know I can get the money back if needed.

We’ve just upgraded my daughters phone to an iPhone 13 (previously she’s been on cheaper Android devices to prove her responsibility) however now she has the 13 I’ve been incredibly impressed with the level of control I have over her screen time, apps, age limits etc- it’s all so much easier than Google Family Link.

The only hitch I’ve come across so far is the “Ask to Buy” feature. Is there a way that I can leave purchase sharing on and have it only send me an “Ask to Buy” when she’s actually trying to “buy” something. If I turn it on at the moment, it’ll ask me for literally *every* single app she tries to download.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 12:27 PM

Hello niijonodhg,

To my knowledge, that prompt will occur with every App that is new to her regardless if it's available for purchase sharing. This is to prevent adult themed content (games perhaps) that may not be suitable to how you choose to limit access.

I know it's quite frustrating now, but as time goes on and she obtains the most popular apps I do hope the frequency of those prompts decrease for you.

I wanted to include this article, which just provides an over-view of Ask to Buy in it's entirety:

-> Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 12:27 PM in response to niijonodhg

Hello niijonodhg,

To my knowledge, that prompt will occur with every App that is new to her regardless if it's available for purchase sharing. This is to prevent adult themed content (games perhaps) that may not be suitable to how you choose to limit access.

I know it's quite frustrating now, but as time goes on and she obtains the most popular apps I do hope the frequency of those prompts decrease for you.

I wanted to include this article, which just provides an over-view of Ask to Buy in it's entirety:

-> Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Ask to Buy functionality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.