Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone Mail App Slow and Crashes

For months the native mail app on my iPhone has been slow to load and often crashes (closes out) when loading mail. It also has to reload every time I click out of it and come back. I have reset my phone, deleted and reloaded the mail app, and have updated to the latest iOS. Any other suggestions?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:38 PM

If you are using multiple email accounts on your Mail app - try to remove all but one and see if the behavior is still problematic. If not, try adding one account one by one and see.

I have experienced something similar and the culprit is a malicious email, which I deleted by logging in via the account's web interface.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 5:38 PM in response to MR986

If you are using multiple email accounts on your Mail app - try to remove all but one and see if the behavior is still problematic. If not, try adding one account one by one and see.

I have experienced something similar and the culprit is a malicious email, which I deleted by logging in via the account's web interface.

Good luck.

IPhone Mail App Slow and Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.