Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resolution of camera

Hey! I have an Iphone 11. I need high resolution pictures (16:9), so every time I make a picture I have to change the resolution from 4:3 to 16:9. How is that possible to save this setting? Checked out in settings 'Camera', but didnt find a solution there. Also, on my friend's phone the default resolution is 16:9. But he didnt change that. Please, help!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 4:45 PM

Understand, that 16:9 is not resolution, that is aspect ratio. First go to Settings>Camera>Preserve Settings. Tap on that and turn on what you wish to keep. I have everything except Exposure Adjustment turned on. Now, open the Camera itself, go to Photo. At the top of the screen just below the notch you will see a small arrowhead. Tap that and then look down by the shutter button. You will see a list of settings icons there and tap on that. You will have the opportunity to select Square, 4:3 or 16:9. With the first setting you made to preserve settings, it will stay like that until you change it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 4:45 PM in response to zenky1

Understand, that 16:9 is not resolution, that is aspect ratio. First go to Settings>Camera>Preserve Settings. Tap on that and turn on what you wish to keep. I have everything except Exposure Adjustment turned on. Now, open the Camera itself, go to Photo. At the top of the screen just below the notch you will see a small arrowhead. Tap that and then look down by the shutter button. You will see a list of settings icons there and tap on that. You will have the opportunity to select Square, 4:3 or 16:9. With the first setting you made to preserve settings, it will stay like that until you change it.

Resolution of camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.