Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple+ and purchase of season 1 of FX "Old Man"

I have purchased -"The Old Man" season 1 on Apple TV I have watched the first 6 episodes, but the latest -episode 7 shows up as available, but I am unable to stream it without being redirected to Hulu or FX to download the application and subscribe. Anyone knows what this might be about?

Thanks,

Jacek

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 9:40 PM

I have watched the first 6 episodes, but the latest -episode 7 shows up as available

It seems that the iTunes Store copy of e7 hasn’t been been supplied to Apple’s servers at this time. Not sure if a few days difference is expected for this show, between first airing on network TV and VOD availability.

The old man, Season 1 on iTunes - Apple (US)

If you want, you can contact the iTunes Store staff, to ask what’s up, and if they can contact FX for the anticipated content.

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 9:40 PM in response to Jacek Lis

I have watched the first 6 episodes, but the latest -episode 7 shows up as available

It seems that the iTunes Store copy of e7 hasn’t been been supplied to Apple’s servers at this time. Not sure if a few days difference is expected for this show, between first airing on network TV and VOD availability.

The old man, Season 1 on iTunes - Apple (US)

If you want, you can contact the iTunes Store staff, to ask what’s up, and if they can contact FX for the anticipated content.

Jul 23, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Shalpher

I reached out to Apple Support via chat, was directed to call 800-275-2273, spoke with someone in ITunes support who then said I had to be transferred to another section. After waiting on hold, I spoke with another support individual and explained the problem. They reviewed the notes from the prior conversation, said they would look into it. They put me on hold and then dropped the call.

So, after investing 45 minutes, I know nothing more but hope they are at least aware of the problem.

Jul 23, 2022 11:19 AM in response to TrendycatCA

Well, I had a similar experience; 1 hour and 14 minutes with Apple.

Spoke to 4-5 tech support people, being passed around like a Comcast customer -brings back some not so fond memories, only to be told that for an unknown reason, Apple has not yet made the episode available in iTunes. This could have been resolved in 5 minutes, should the 'tech's' knew what's what. Extremely frustrating.

So go onto iTunes and see what episode is available for download, if it's not, Apple + will refer you to a third party: FX or Hulu. With commercials and not in HD....

Then what am I paying Apple for..?

The tech offered to transfer me to yet another department to complain about the service, but after over an hour of my time wasted I declined.

Happy Saturday morning everyone!

Jul 24, 2022 8:22 AM in response to Jacek Lis

I'm having the same problem. But let's be honest here. Tim doesn't give a ****. He has our money, so what if there's a delay??? I know it's a minor thing here, but Apple, under Tim's reign has only benefited stock holders. What innovation has Tim provided lately? He's only gotten me to waste my time here. Remember when Apple was a computer company?

Jul 24, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Jacek Lis

We just finished a chat with Apple Support regarding this issue and were told that Apple is just acting as a payment portal and is not responsible for delivery of content. Basically they take your money and then don't care whether or not the product is delivered. They did offer a refund, so if the episode does not appear soon and if enough of us start requesting a refund, maybe in the future they will learn to care about delivering what was purchased.

Jul 24, 2022 9:44 AM in response to irsanfromventura

This seems to be a standard reply. When MLB offered refunds for the MLB season pass in the 2020 Covid shortened season, Apple refused to honor the refund, saying it only applied if you bought the pass directly through MLB and not through iTunes. I spent hours emailing, chatting and speaking with Apple support, to no avail. Needless to say, I now only purchase through MLB directly.

As a long time customer (I purchased the original Macintosh in 1984), it is truly disappointing to see how little regard Apple has for its customer base. Even Amazon is more responsive to long term customers than Apple, these days.

Jul 24, 2022 5:06 PM in response to Jacek Lis

This is utterly unacceptable. Apple made me the promise of a complete season pass, not FX or Hulu, I paid Apple, so as far as I’m concerned, Apple is responsible. After several calls, a 48 hour wait for a respnse which never came, I conclude that nobody at Apple is the slightest bit interested in helping me find out what’s going on, or in providing me what I paid for in a timely manner. If they’re going to offer this service, then they and they alone need to stand behind their promises. If FX doesn’t deliver the product Apple should go after them for me, not shrug their shoulders and act like it’s up to me to sort it out. Like someone said, if Apple customer support has decided to act like Comcast customer support, in the long run they’re gonna wind up without any customers.

Jul 25, 2022 7:41 AM in response to Jacek Lis

Apple finally sent me an official reply. Here’s the money quote::

“Generally, television networks provide Apple with the latest episode of each show within 24 hours of the episode airing in your particular country. Occasionally, there can be a delay, and release dates can vary. If an episode has aired and continues to remain unavailable, please contact the television network.”

Yep. We just sell the stuff. You gotta send it back to the factory if you want it serviced. Bet they got their 30% though, or since it’s Disney maybe their 15%, or whatever. What a shabby way to treat customers. It really is like Comcast. Last season pass I ever buy from Apple, I can tell you that.

Jul 25, 2022 7:11 PM in response to TechInept17

Indeed. It would be so much better if Apple learned from Amazon(!) to respond in a similar way, and inform their customers/subscribers that the problem is on their side -Apple, and please wait until we make the episode available. It may take a few days... Instead routing callers through a slew of 'tech support' people without the technical knowledge to provide support.. Kind of like Comcast/Xfinity recommending unplugging the router and modems and reconnecting them to fix every(!) issue...

Aaaaargh....

Jul 25, 2022 8:54 PM in response to Jacek Lis

Did it the hard way. Signed up for the free Hulu trial, watched episode 7, canceled the free trial afterwards. Maybe someday it’ll show up in my paid-for season pass so I can download it, but at this point I really couldn’t care less. Maybe that was the whole idea after all, stiff people on the season finale, get them frustrated enough to sign up for the Hulu free month, then hope they get hooked on other shows and stay with the service after the trial period is up. I hope not, but given the amount of sleaziness visible in the streaming wars these days, I have to admit that the thought did cross my mind.

Apple+ and purchase of season 1 of FX "Old Man"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.