Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth MacBook Pro and Iphone 13 fails to stay connected

I can pair my Iphone 13 to my MacBook Pro or pair my MacBook Pro to my Iphone 13 but they only stay connected for 2 seconds and then to Not connected.

I have not found a solution to connect and making them stay connected.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 8:41 AM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a computer is not supported.

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 8:41 AM in response to semalmstromm

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a computer is not supported.

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Bluetooth MacBook Pro and Iphone 13 fails to stay connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.