Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting text messages and emails simultaneously on iPhone 12 Pro Max & iPad Air

Is there a way that I can delete emails and text messages at the same time on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my iPad Air?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 12:49 PM

Assuming that your devices are set-up to use an IMAP Mail service (as most are), deletion of email on one device will result in email deletion being automatically synchronised to other devices.

For Messages, with both devices being signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - and iCloud Messages being enabled, deletion of messages from any device will be simultaneously deleted everywhere.

On each device:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Messages - set to ON

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Rozbettyboop

Assuming that your devices are set-up to use an IMAP Mail service (as most are), deletion of email on one device will result in email deletion being automatically synchronised to other devices.

For Messages, with both devices being signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - and iCloud Messages being enabled, deletion of messages from any device will be simultaneously deleted everywhere.

On each device:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Messages - set to ON

Deleting text messages and emails simultaneously on iPhone 12 Pro Max & iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.