Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV wifi connection much slower than phone

How do I increase the internet speed on my Apple TV (4k)?

When I do a speed test with my iPhone I get 30-50mbs right where the Apple TV is. But my Apple TV is only 10mbs tops.

Thing I've tried so far:

• Updated software
  • Restarted the Apple TV

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Possibly you experience interference on your home network, causing overload on the remaining diminished bandwidth.

Restarting your router may automatically select new optimized Wi-Fi channels with less interference from neighboring networks, if set to automatically select the best channels (once at boot time). Or manually find channels for both bands in a relatively empty zone for your router configuration.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

The exact position in the room and the items next to the device, can influence the strength and interference to the Wi-Fi signal. Electrical wiring with not enough shielding can cause Wi-Fi interference. Objects between the access point and the device can cause interference, including metal in the walls (or floors).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 2:35 PM in response to Crazy8888crazy

Possibly you experience interference on your home network, causing overload on the remaining diminished bandwidth.

Restarting your router may automatically select new optimized Wi-Fi channels with less interference from neighboring networks, if set to automatically select the best channels (once at boot time). Or manually find channels for both bands in a relatively empty zone for your router configuration.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

The exact position in the room and the items next to the device, can influence the strength and interference to the Wi-Fi signal. Electrical wiring with not enough shielding can cause Wi-Fi interference. Objects between the access point and the device can cause interference, including metal in the walls (or floors).

Apple TV wifi connection much slower than phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.