Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Wi-Fi connects at 10.2 Mbps down, iPhone 13 connects at 390.16 Mbps

My Apple TV connects so slowly when I run the Speedtest App on it - 10.21 Mbps download, while my iPhone is 390.16 Mbps. Circumstances:

• both connected to the same wi-fi router
  • the Apple TV is closer to the router than the iPhone
  • I've re-set the AppleTV (and the iPhone) turning them both off and on (unplugging the AppleTV and waiting 20 seconds). Repeated the results and they were nearly identical to the above.
  • My testing is using the SpeedTest App on both devices. I connect to the same server (COX - Phoenix) both times.

This is really messing with watching TV. So tired of the pauses and swirling circles and would really like a reply with something that works. Thank you so much!

Steve Larsen

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:09 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Does your iPhone reach the same speeds at the same location/position as the box? Interferences issues can depend on the exact location (radio shielding, other electro-magnetic sources in the same frequency band), and may differ with a few feet separation.

Check for nearby networks on the same or overlapping Wi-Fi channels. Such interference can be very localized (one corner of the room vs. other places).

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 5:09 AM in response to PSLarsen-az

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Does your iPhone reach the same speeds at the same location/position as the box? Interferences issues can depend on the exact location (radio shielding, other electro-magnetic sources in the same frequency band), and may differ with a few feet separation.

Check for nearby networks on the same or overlapping Wi-Fi channels. Such interference can be very localized (one corner of the room vs. other places).

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

AppleTV Wi-Fi connects at 10.2 Mbps down, iPhone 13 connects at 390.16 Mbps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.