Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

False Apple Watch Fall detection alarms!

I have a Apple Watch SE. I enabled the feature accidentally (i have 22 years and it didnt enable automatically). The only false alarm was today at 10:09 PM excactly When i was playing with ball. The ball hit my Watch and it tapped my wrist. I looked at it and fall detection got triggered. I fell in shock because i didnt want it to call emergency services. I tapped on im ok and selected i didnt fall. I hope appl fixes the feature.

This is an actual svreenshot from my Watch

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:41 PM

When you're young and active. fall detection is active when doing a workout. So you where active with the ball, so that probably was a workout.

Also, it wouldn't have called emergency services. If your Apple Watch detects that you're moving, it waits for you to respond to the alert and won't automatically call emergency services. If your watch detects that you've been immobile for about a minute, it will make the call automatically.

See this instructions if you want to turn fall detection off

Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 

Tap Emergency SOS.

Turn Fall Detection on or off. If Fall Detection is on, you can select Always on or Only on during workouts. 

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 3:41 PM in response to micko256

When you're young and active. fall detection is active when doing a workout. So you where active with the ball, so that probably was a workout.

Also, it wouldn't have called emergency services. If your Apple Watch detects that you're moving, it waits for you to respond to the alert and won't automatically call emergency services. If your watch detects that you've been immobile for about a minute, it will make the call automatically.

See this instructions if you want to turn fall detection off

Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 

Tap Emergency SOS.

Turn Fall Detection on or off. If Fall Detection is on, you can select Always on or Only on during workouts. 

Jul 24, 2022 5:15 PM in response to micko256

No.

If you're 55 or over fall detection is turned on by default,if your younger than that then you you have to manually enable it.

False Apple Watch Fall detection alarms!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.