Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dvd stuck inside Mac book

how can I eject a stuck dvd

MacBook

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 3:49 AM

6 replies

Jul 25, 2022 10:31 PM in response to roxann130

roxann130 Said:

"dvd stuck inside Mac book: how can I eject a stuck dvd"

-------

Troubleshooting Non-Ejecting DVDs:

What to Try:

A. Verify the connection

Is there a Drive Even Seen?:

To Find Out:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. Click: System Report... button
  4. View: Hardware on left-column
  5. Click: Disc Burning
  6. Confirm if a Superdrive is Even Seen

B. Try Using a New Administrator User:

See what happens when you create a new Administrator User and login to it and perform and eject. If it works, then it is something misconfigured in your current user.

C. Connect to a Different Mac:

Connect this to a difference Mac, seeing if you can get it to work. If you don't have another Mac, ask someone else (i.e. friend or family member) if you may use their Mac(with their permission, or course).

D. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Jul 25, 2022 4:19 AM in response to roxann130

I've never used an Apple optical player, but many have a very tine hole on the front that will allow a straightened paper clip to force the tray open: Insert clip; push gently but firmly toward the inside of the player. That is if the hole is there. And if so you likely need to use a large paper clip for it not to bend.

dvd stuck inside Mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.