Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Mail is not recognizing Gmail password--how to fix?

I have several gmail accounts. One of them is not being recognized by Mail-- I've confirmed via logging onto gmail that I have the correct password is (and the account works on other devices).

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:09 AM

BeeTee2 wrote:

Thank you. Is there an alternative? I need to preserve the emails in that account, and options to delete it seem to promise deleting those files across all of my devices.

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync
  • POP account downloads and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them to "On My Mac."
  • "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:09 AM in response to BeeTee2

BeeTee2 wrote:

Thank you. Is there an alternative? I need to preserve the emails in that account, and options to delete it seem to promise deleting those files across all of my devices.

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync
  • POP account downloads and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them to "On My Mac."
  • "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

MacOS Mail is not recognizing Gmail password--how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.