Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i transfer apps from mac to another "fast"

how can I transfer an 4giga app from my old MacBook to my new one without migrating all my files and data to the new one , I know about file sharing but I takes about 12 hours to transfer such an big-sized app.

is there any other better way ?

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 4:52 AM

Like ku4hx stated, you can use an external drive, or you can use Target Disk Mode on the computer with the app to move it over, assuming you have compatible computers and cables. See here for details - Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

If you don't have an external drive or can't use Target Disk Mode, you can try AirDrop. It won't be fast, but it should work eventually.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 4:52 AM in response to mohamedadelgha

Like ku4hx stated, you can use an external drive, or you can use Target Disk Mode on the computer with the app to move it over, assuming you have compatible computers and cables. See here for details - Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

If you don't have an external drive or can't use Target Disk Mode, you can try AirDrop. It won't be fast, but it should work eventually.

how can i transfer apps from mac to another "fast"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.