Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on Amazon Music (iPad) Stops Playing When I Say Anything

I’ve seen other people had similar problems. In my case I’ve at least figured out what triggers it. When I say something (which happens fairly often, I play music when I work and I sometimes talk to myself when I work). When I have my Sony noise reducing headphones on the music stops if I talk. This is super annoying. I’ve turned Siri off on both the headphones and the Amazon music app but it still happens.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:08 AM

Hey JGatsby,

We see you're experiencing an issue where the music in the Amazon Music app stops playing when you speak. Does this happen when you play music without using the headphones? If not, we suggest contacting Sony support to see if there is a setting for it: Support for Headphones | Sony USA

If it still happens without using the headphones, and you have a different Apple device, test to see if it happens on it as well. Also, if you have any other device with the Amazon Music app on it, test on it as well. This will help isolate to the Amazon Music app.

Does this happen when using the Apple Music app? This information will help determine if specific to the Amazon Music app or the iPad itself. If it doesn't happen in the Apple Music app, contact Amazon support: Music Contact Us. There may be setting in the app itself.

Hope this helps. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:08 AM in response to JGatsby

Hey JGatsby,

We see you're experiencing an issue where the music in the Amazon Music app stops playing when you speak. Does this happen when you play music without using the headphones? If not, we suggest contacting Sony support to see if there is a setting for it: Support for Headphones | Sony USA

If it still happens without using the headphones, and you have a different Apple device, test to see if it happens on it as well. Also, if you have any other device with the Amazon Music app on it, test on it as well. This will help isolate to the Amazon Music app.

Does this happen when using the Apple Music app? This information will help determine if specific to the Amazon Music app or the iPad itself. If it doesn't happen in the Apple Music app, contact Amazon support: Music Contact Us. There may be setting in the app itself.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Jul 27, 2022 11:15 AM in response to mingoslkd

I thought it might be a Siri problem but it wasn't, it turned out to be a "feature" in the Sony headphones. Actually, I can see how it might be a useful feature but I somehow turned it on without realizing it and turning it off wasn't intuitive so IMO bad UI design on their part but Sony support helped me figure out how to turn it off and now my headphones keep me blissfully unaware of the outside world as I want. Thanks for the reply though.

Music on Amazon Music (iPad) Stops Playing When I Say Anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.