Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gap below screen on new Macbook Pro 16" under warranty?

Hi all, my new Macbook Pro 16" - purchased and received on 15th of July 2022- has a slight gap below the screen, at the edge where the screen meets the hinge. I noticed it after a few days of use and thought it was a blemish I could wipe away when I got a microfiber cloth, but after testing with the corner of a sheet of paper just now I've realised it is actually a gap. Attached are photos of the left side with no gap and the gap circled in red on the right side. Is this defect covered under warranty?

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 6:32 AM

Truthfully, this is hard to see in the images you shared. However, you're within Apples return policy. I'd reach out to online sales or take it back to the store you purchased it at for an exchange.

Although, if purchased through an alternative retailer, this may not be an option due to their return policies.

Online Sales: 1-800-MY-APPLE

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 6:32 AM in response to 4nhus

Truthfully, this is hard to see in the images you shared. However, you're within Apples return policy. I'd reach out to online sales or take it back to the store you purchased it at for an exchange.

Although, if purchased through an alternative retailer, this may not be an option due to their return policies.

Online Sales: 1-800-MY-APPLE

Jul 26, 2022 6:31 AM in response to 4nhus

4nhus wrote:

Hi all, my new Macbook Pro 16" - purchased and received on 15th of July 2022- has a slight gap below the screen, at the edge where the screen meets the hinge. I noticed it after a few days of use and thought it was a blemish I could wipe away when I got a microfiber cloth, but after testing with the corner of a sheet of paper just now I've realised it is actually a gap. Attached are photos of the left side with no gap and the gap circled in red on the right side. Is this defect covered under warranty?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d053bf05-8e87-493f-984a-6e7f78b8fa51
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/20221641-6bd5-4c75-b1e3-52062b7d0571

You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund if it does not suit you Returns & Refunds Order status

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Gap below screen on new Macbook Pro 16" under warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.