Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain keys stopped working on external iPad keyboard

I have an iPad Pro 2018 3rd gen 12.9. I’ve been using it with an external keyboard that connect via Bluetooth. The keyboard has been working great but recently I noticed that a couple keys aren’t working, namely the 5 (so also the %) as well as the capitol T when using the shift key on the left. I’ve tried rebooting the iPad, reconnecting the keyboard, I even reset the whole iPad but they still aren’t working. I think the iPad recently updated itself to iOS 15.6 but I think the issue may have been happening before that. There could have been a previous update as well but I’m not sure. I’ve thought about bringing the iPad back to its factory settings ie the original iOS that it came with but it was an apple refurbished purchase and to be honest I’m not sure what version of iOS it had originally. It thought the reset would do that but apparently it didn’t. Would love any insider tips or ideas on how to fix this issue! Thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:47 AM

Try another keyboard. The behavior you describe sounds like hardware rather than software. You cannot go backwards in iOS versions in any case.

1 reply

Certain keys stopped working on external iPad keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.