Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoneisn't automatically updating my photos into the cloud

I have checked all my settings as instructed and my iphone still isn't automatically updating my photos into the cloud. I have increased my storage to 200 GB but that still hasn't helped. What else can I do?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 2:14 PM

Hey Mrln999,

We understand the photos on your iPhone aren't syncing to iCloud. If your iPhone is connected to a cellular network, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network. That way it isn't relying on your cellular data.

If you're having to use a cellular network, make sure Cellular Data is enabled in Settings > Photos > Cellular Data. Keep in mind, using cellular data will go towards your data plan that you have with your wireless carrier.

When the iPhone is not in use, make sure it is connected to a power source to ensure there's plenty of battery life.

Also, make sure Low Power Mode is disabled. Having it enabled will pause iCloud Photos. Fore more information about Low Power Mode, click here: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad.

Hope this helps. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 2:14 PM in response to Mrln999

Hey Mrln999,

We understand the photos on your iPhone aren't syncing to iCloud. If your iPhone is connected to a cellular network, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network. That way it isn't relying on your cellular data.

If you're having to use a cellular network, make sure Cellular Data is enabled in Settings > Photos > Cellular Data. Keep in mind, using cellular data will go towards your data plan that you have with your wireless carrier.

When the iPhone is not in use, make sure it is connected to a power source to ensure there's plenty of battery life.

Also, make sure Low Power Mode is disabled. Having it enabled will pause iCloud Photos. Fore more information about Low Power Mode, click here: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad.

Hope this helps. Take care.

iphoneisn't automatically updating my photos into the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.