Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot Not Working

I can't get the hotspot on my Iphone 13 Pro Max to work. When I connect to either of my 2 laptops it recognises the phone but says it cannot connect. It doesn't prompt me for the wifi password. I read that if I changed my wifi password it would work. So I changed the wifi password and it worked one time only on my laptop. Since then it keeps going back to 'unable to connect to the network'. I have tried using my usb cable and again it recognises the phone but doesn't connect. I'm with Vodafone and hotspot is definitely enabled. I've tried clearing cookies and the cache and turning it on and off. I had the 12 Pro Max before and never had any problems. I've just been into my local phone shop and all the guy told me was that he'd heard of similar problems with various editions of the Iphone. I need this to work for my business. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a solution?

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:13 AM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did try all of these things to no avail. I have just managed to get through to an advisor and he has said to update the ios which I've just done. I've also reset the network settings and it works now.

2 replies

Hotspot Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.