Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screeching Sound While Using CarPlay

Fellow iPhone users,

Do any of y’all also have Apple CarPlay in your vehicles? 

Starting about two weeks ago, my CarPlay would make this god awful screeching sound while reading my texts to me. It would also not hear about half of what I’d say back in response. 

Honda ran diagnostics and found nothing wrong with their end and told me to call Apple. 

Apple said it’s due to how old our 8 and 8+ were and to upgrade. 

First text my new iPhone 13 read this morning it made the same **** sound again! 

Anyone else experience this? What do I need to do to resolve this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:39 AM

I've never experienced it, and I don't in my vehicle. I used it last night as a matter of fact. How is the phone connected to the vehicle, do you have a cable or do you have wireless CarPlay? If connecting via cable, did you try removing the vehicle from CarPlay on the iPhone, then power both devices off, then turn them back on again and connect to the phone for CarPlay? Are you using a genuine Apple cable?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:39 AM in response to DJA87

I've never experienced it, and I don't in my vehicle. I used it last night as a matter of fact. How is the phone connected to the vehicle, do you have a cable or do you have wireless CarPlay? If connecting via cable, did you try removing the vehicle from CarPlay on the iPhone, then power both devices off, then turn them back on again and connect to the phone for CarPlay? Are you using a genuine Apple cable?

Screeching Sound While Using CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.