Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad being harmed

Hi, I’ve recently bought an iPad pro and a usb A to usb C Mcdodo OTG (3$). I wanted to know if the otg harms the iPad in anyway in the long run. It warms up a little when connected but I pull it out real quick

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 1:28 PM

If the device is marked with the Made for iPhone or iPad symbol, then you will be okay. If not, I would be skeptical and not use. Cables and other connector devices that are MFi have been certified by Apple to contain the correct hardware for charging, etc. If not MFi, then yes, it is possible that it could damage the device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 1:28 PM in response to mahanesmaeili

If the device is marked with the Made for iPhone or iPad symbol, then you will be okay. If not, I would be skeptical and not use. Cables and other connector devices that are MFi have been certified by Apple to contain the correct hardware for charging, etc. If not MFi, then yes, it is possible that it could damage the device.

iPad being harmed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.