Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv weird audio and subtitles

Hello guys,

Something weird happening, I would be glad to understand if it normal and if yes why.

When I choose the default language of my computer to be French and I download the episode 1 of season 3 of true detective, it downloads it in french audio (which I dont want). So I changed the basic language to be english and downloaded again, then it was with audio english and with subtitles french always on. My apple account is french but I would like to download it with english audio without subtitles. Does someone have an answer to that?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 4:09 AM

TV shows in France may be available in two language versions, as different items in the Store, or sometimes only the dubbed version. TV shows in Canada are often available in two language versions, as different items in the Store. Verify which versions are available and which version you purchased. The supported languages should be listed for each title. If you purchased the wrong version by accident, then contact the iTunes Store staff to correct that.

True Detective, Saison 3 (VOST) on iTunes - Apple (FR) (Version Originale Sous-Titrée) (subtitled)

True Detective, Saison 3 (VF) on iTunes - Apple (FR) (Version Française) (dubbed)

True Detective, Season 3 (EN) on iTunes - Apple (CA) (Original version)

True Detective, Saison 3 (VF) on iTunes - Apple (CA) (Version Française) (dubbed)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 4:09 AM in response to natanezra

TV shows in France may be available in two language versions, as different items in the Store, or sometimes only the dubbed version. TV shows in Canada are often available in two language versions, as different items in the Store. Verify which versions are available and which version you purchased. The supported languages should be listed for each title. If you purchased the wrong version by accident, then contact the iTunes Store staff to correct that.

True Detective, Saison 3 (VOST) on iTunes - Apple (FR) (Version Originale Sous-Titrée) (subtitled)

True Detective, Saison 3 (VF) on iTunes - Apple (FR) (Version Française) (dubbed)

True Detective, Season 3 (EN) on iTunes - Apple (CA) (Original version)

True Detective, Saison 3 (VF) on iTunes - Apple (CA) (Version Française) (dubbed)

Jul 29, 2022 11:20 AM in response to natanezra

Hi natanezra,

The default language of your Mac will be used for audio and video in apps that support it, like the TV app.

If you'd like to tweak this there area few ways to do so. First, you can change the language you prefer int he TV app itself: Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store

On Mac or PC

1. Move your pointer over the video.
  2. Click the Languages button .
  3. Choose the language or subtitles that you want to use.

Learn how to turn on CC or SDH by default.

You can also adjust the language of an entire app where supported in System Preferences > Language & Region. Select the Apps tab then the "+" button. Select the app and language you prefer from there.

Take care.

Apple tv weird audio and subtitles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.