Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show purchased on Apple TV will not play in the original language (English)

I live in Germany. I purchased an HBO Show, „We Own This City“. The audio only plays in german. I wish the audio to be in the Original English. all descriptions and languages displayed within Apple TV are also in German, which I guess is fine, since I understand German pretty well. I have my settings set to download english and german audio for all purchases. Still when I play this show, it displays an option to adjust the playback speed and nothing else. It normally has an option there under the three dots to adjus the audio language and the subtitle language. How can I fix this?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 4:38 PM

HBO is offering this TV show miniseries in Germany as two separate Store items. One in German, one in English. This practice seems common in Canada and France as well, for reasons that elude me.

We own this city (Miniserie) bei iTunes - Apple (DE) (dubbed) (Description in German)

We own this city: Miniseries on iTunes - Apple (DE) (original) (Description in English)

Unfortunately, you can’t change the language for this through device settings, as these are separate Store items with their own media properties. If you purchased the wrong version, then contact the iTunes Support staff about that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 4:38 PM in response to CMorkaut

HBO is offering this TV show miniseries in Germany as two separate Store items. One in German, one in English. This practice seems common in Canada and France as well, for reasons that elude me.

We own this city (Miniserie) bei iTunes - Apple (DE) (dubbed) (Description in German)

We own this city: Miniseries on iTunes - Apple (DE) (original) (Description in English)

Unfortunately, you can’t change the language for this through device settings, as these are separate Store items with their own media properties. If you purchased the wrong version, then contact the iTunes Support staff about that.

Show purchased on Apple TV will not play in the original language (English)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.