Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a protective case for my iPhone SE that wont interfere with microphone operations

I bought my iPhone SE in November 2021 and was told by Apple store people that I could use my old Otterbox that I had used on my iPhone 6. The Otterbox fit the new phone well but I had recurring problems with microphone use. When I tried to make a voice memo, the microphone failed to pick up any voice audio and often there were real problems with people hearing me during phone calls. I recently removed the old Otterbox and found that the microphone would work perfectly without the case. I decided to shop for a new case, but reviews of most of the ones on Amazon also mention the same problem about the microphone working properly. Do any of you know which case I should buy to solve this problem? Any help here will be very much appreciated.

iPhone SE, 15

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 8:10 PM

You might try one of these:

iPhone Cases & Protection - iPhone Accessories - Apple

(Select iPhone SE in the "iPhone Compatibility" section.)

Similar questions

2 replies

Need a protective case for my iPhone SE that wont interfere with microphone operations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.