Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple ever solve the issue of “Play Next” and “Play Last” disappearing from the Apple Music menu when a car is moving above a certain speed?

I am currently a passenger in a vehicle, and it is frustrating that I am unable to create a queue of songs due to the vehicle I am in moving 75 mph, which is the speed limit here. Apple should look at a way to ask if the person is a passenger.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 7:26 PM

If you go into Settings -> Focus, you can add driving focus onto the list (if it isn't already there).

Have it come on automatically when it knows you're in a vehicle. When you go to use your iPhone on the road, it will ask if you're a passenger.

There are also auto replies that you might want to turn off, or it'll block messages and tell everyone that you can't respond because you're driving.

This might not fix your issue you stated above, but at least it would be indicating to the phone that you are not driving.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 7:26 PM in response to MrsMidwest

If you go into Settings -> Focus, you can add driving focus onto the list (if it isn't already there).

Have it come on automatically when it knows you're in a vehicle. When you go to use your iPhone on the road, it will ask if you're a passenger.

There are also auto replies that you might want to turn off, or it'll block messages and tell everyone that you can't respond because you're driving.

This might not fix your issue you stated above, but at least it would be indicating to the phone that you are not driving.

Will Apple ever solve the issue of “Play Next” and “Play Last” disappearing from the Apple Music menu when a car is moving above a certain speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.