Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe for me to use a screen protector on my MacBook Air M1 2022?

I saw mixed reviews, but I am curious as my case I ordered came with a screen protector and I want to know if I can use it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:46 PM

Hi,

I wouldn't use one. The tolerances are so tight that there isn't extra room to spare and any added pressure could lead to problems. I saw one thread with the M1 MBA about cracked screens with tens of thousands of views and thousands of "I have this question too;" I only read it for a few minutes, but people were stating they did nothing and their screens just cracked. I wouldn't want to give it any reason to crack.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 1:46 PM in response to somdan7

Hi,

I wouldn't use one. The tolerances are so tight that there isn't extra room to spare and any added pressure could lead to problems. I saw one thread with the M1 MBA about cracked screens with tens of thousands of views and thousands of "I have this question too;" I only read it for a few minutes, but people were stating they did nothing and their screens just cracked. I wouldn't want to give it any reason to crack.

Is it safe for me to use a screen protector on my MacBook Air M1 2022?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.