Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen protector for MacBook Air M2

Should I apply screen protector on MacBook Air M2 or not? What recommend by Apple official.

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:13 PM

Hello,

While screen protectors are not mentioned by name in this, I believe they could cause the same damage. I have never used one and have never had screen problems with my current or previous MacBooks.

Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook - Apple Support

"Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook

If you use a camera cover, palm rest cover, or keyboard cover with your Mac notebook, remove the cover before closing your display to prevent damage to your display.

To enable the thin design of Mac notebook computers, the clearance between the display (screen) and the top case is engineered to tight tolerances. If you use a camera cover, palm rest cover, or keyboard cover with your Mac notebook, remove the cover before closing your display. Leaving any material on your display, keyboard, or palm rest might interfere with the display when it's closed and cause damage to your display."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 10:13 PM in response to dharmendra07

Hello,

While screen protectors are not mentioned by name in this, I believe they could cause the same damage. I have never used one and have never had screen problems with my current or previous MacBooks.

Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook - Apple Support

"Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook

If you use a camera cover, palm rest cover, or keyboard cover with your Mac notebook, remove the cover before closing your display to prevent damage to your display.

To enable the thin design of Mac notebook computers, the clearance between the display (screen) and the top case is engineered to tight tolerances. If you use a camera cover, palm rest cover, or keyboard cover with your Mac notebook, remove the cover before closing your display. Leaving any material on your display, keyboard, or palm rest might interfere with the display when it's closed and cause damage to your display."

I hope this helps.

screen protector for MacBook Air M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.