Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about my MBA 2017 battery

So my device is a MacBook Air 2017 13," and I have a few questions about the power and battery of this device.

My MacBook Air's charge cycles have already reached 1000 cycles, and as of writing this, it has reached 1217 charge cycles, and I have noticed the battery life draining faster than usual.

With this being said, is it safe to always keep/use my MacBook Air plugged in, so I can reduce even more charge cycles?

Or will keeping my MacBook charging all the time, even while using, make the battery suffer on times that I'll use battery power on my Mac?

Since my Mac has already reached 1,200+ charge cycles, do I have to replace the battery now? Or can I still use it for a bit longer as long as I reduce charge cycles by keeping it plugged in? Is it recommended I replace the battery soon?

A detailed answer will be greatly appreciated :)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 12:53 PM

Hi,

Yes, it is safe to keep your MBA plugged in and it will reduce additional charge cycles. It will not make the battery "suffer" when you use it.

There is no reason to replace the battery at any particular number of cycles. The time to replace it is when it doesn't hold a charge long enough to satisfy you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 12:53 PM in response to Cyflor-N-Ac

Hi,

Yes, it is safe to keep your MBA plugged in and it will reduce additional charge cycles. It will not make the battery "suffer" when you use it.

There is no reason to replace the battery at any particular number of cycles. The time to replace it is when it doesn't hold a charge long enough to satisfy you.

Questions about my MBA 2017 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.