Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pairing Mac book pro to apple tv

p

how to pair Mac book pro to Apple TV?

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 1:35 AM

Like the related article says, you need Xcode to pair a Mac.

What is the model MacBook Pro (year-season, cpu, macOS version)? Identify your MacBook Pro model - Apple Support

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Why do you think you need to pair your Mac? What do you hope to do with a paired Mac? Most users don’t need to do this. Pairing is not needed in order to use AirPlay or Home Sharing., or use iCloud, or use some of the same services on both devices. Pairing might be convenient if you are an app developer for tvOS.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 1:35 AM in response to KenScheepers

Like the related article says, you need Xcode to pair a Mac.

What is the model MacBook Pro (year-season, cpu, macOS version)? Identify your MacBook Pro model - Apple Support

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Why do you think you need to pair your Mac? What do you hope to do with a paired Mac? Most users don’t need to do this. Pairing is not needed in order to use AirPlay or Home Sharing., or use iCloud, or use some of the same services on both devices. Pairing might be convenient if you are an app developer for tvOS.

Jul 31, 2022 4:30 AM in response to Urquhart1244

My MacBook Pro is 15" 2016 running macOS Monterey v 12.5 and Apple TV is Model A1842 (32 GB)

This issue started yesterday immediately after an AppleTV update.

In order to stream World SBK (No APP available on AppleTV) I have always gone to System Preferences, Display and Add a display (AirPlay) and select my Living Room TV. Following the update yesterday (that happened while I was watching a race) the TV video went black. No matter how may attempts, I get the same result, no video and sometimes the audio works?

I then attempted to pair my MacBook Pro to the AppleTV but no cigar!

Jul 31, 2022 11:18 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have a subscription and watch events in Safari, which I used to Air play to my big TV. And, you can watch some video's that are free at https://www.worldsbk.com/. Yesterday's issue would no let me see my screen at all after that update.

However, this morning, I reset my AppleTV which was a pain to have to redo everything and I am now able to AirPlay as I always have.

Appreciate your support.

pairing Mac book pro to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.