Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn’t Apple TV play from where the episode was left off?

I have an LG Smart TV and the Apple TV app is up-to-date. I’ve had issues before where subtitles disappeared halfway through an episode but I find the fact that I am unable to continue playing an episode from where I left off EXTREMELY frustrating (it baffles me how glitchy Apple’s streaming platform is especially when so many streaming platforms exist and I don’t experience these problems with them).

I saw someone else asked the same question last year but the advice given: checking the app is up to date or resetting the app has not worked at all. Is it normal? Is this the case for all smart TVs (there were 55 ‘me toos’ on the previously asked question about this) ? Does Apple need to fix this glitch on their end? It really needs sorting.

43UK6300PLB,

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 8:31 AM

Verify that you used ‘Pause’ to interrupt playback. Watch progress is to be stored online as an account property. Please contact the Apple Support staff about why it isn’t working for you, and what they or you can do about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 8:31 AM in response to LGTV_User

Verify that you used ‘Pause’ to interrupt playback. Watch progress is to be stored online as an account property. Please contact the Apple Support staff about why it isn’t working for you, and what they or you can do about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Why doesn’t Apple TV play from where the episode was left off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.