Apple TV app for LG UI issues

Wondering if anyone else has had this and found a solution, or setting adjustment for it.

I'm not having any issue with viewing quality or stuttering, it's more with UI of the app.

If I start a show and leave it partway through, when I eventually come back it defaults to a 'start from beginning'.

In addition, any shows that I'm currently watching, if I'm not fully aware of the last episode I watched, it takes some sleuthing to figure out which one I finished with since it defaults to Season 1, episode 1 no matter what season I happened to be watching.

Is this just a problem with the LG app? Is it a setting? Or is it intentional to push people toward purchasing an AppleTV rather than relying on native apps?

OLED48C1AUB,

Posted on May 19, 2023 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 10:56 AM

Ok, great news. I have discovered on the LGTV AppleTV+ app, in Settings>Privacy>Use Play History.

This was set to OFF by default. Not only has turning this on sorted it out on that app, but that setting has impacted all of my other devices. This setting doesn't appear on my other devices and was only accessible from the LGTV App.

It's weird. It's unusual. I'm not certain what I'd do if I didn't have an LGTV in the mix. However, this has solved it for me and perhaps it might help others.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 10:56 AM in response to KraegBC

Ok, great news. I have discovered on the LGTV AppleTV+ app, in Settings>Privacy>Use Play History.

This was set to OFF by default. Not only has turning this on sorted it out on that app, but that setting has impacted all of my other devices. This setting doesn't appear on my other devices and was only accessible from the LGTV App.

It's weird. It's unusual. I'm not certain what I'd do if I didn't have an LGTV in the mix. However, this has solved it for me and perhaps it might help others.

May 19, 2023 2:14 PM in response to KraegBC

Possibly there is something off about your account that this information isn’t stored.

Watch progress is to be stored online as an account property. Please contact the Apple Support staff about why it isn’t working for you, and what they or you can do about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV app for LG UI issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.